Submitted by Tammy F. Herron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For those attending the Spring Meeting in Albany on Saturday, May 15th, there is an optional tour scheduled for Sunday, May 16th, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau has arranged a tour highlighting some of the interesting sites around Albany for us—please see the itinerary below. As far as cost, you will need $5.50 for the Flint RiverQuarium group ticket rate and money for lunch. A Subway is only a short distance from the Bridge House, as well as Riverfront Barbeque. I look forward to seeing you in Albany!
Itinerary for optional tour on Sunday, May 16th in Albany
- 9:30 a.m. – Meet at the Bridge House (home of the Albany Convention & Visitors Bureau), 225 West Broad Avenue. Tour the Bridge House and see the 12-minute free movie about Albany’s history.
- 10:15 a.m. – Tour Thronateeska Heritage Center and walk the River Walk with Tommy Gregors (2.5 miles). Have transportation at the other end for pick up. You may want to carpool and drop some cars there in the morning so when we get to the end you have some way to get back.
- 12:00 p.m. – Head back to the Bridge House to have lunch.
- 1:00 p.m. – Tour Flint RiverQuarium.
- 2:00 p.m. – Ride out to Radium Springs Gardens to see one of Georgia’s seven wonders.
- 2:30 p.m. – Tour ends.