Read about the activities of the Gwinnett Archaeological Research Society (GARS), a Chapter of the SGA based in Gwinnett County, in their newsletter, Gwinnett Archaeology Bulletin. Access a PDF of the March 2013 issue by clicking here.
The issue offers a research article that discusses one “corner” of the boundary described in the 1818 treaty with the Creeks, a place called Suwannee old town, which is now an archaeological site in the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, and therefore is protected from development.
You can also read the latest Fort Daniel Foundation news, including this note on page 4:
The Foundation applied for and received a grant in the amount of $1,500 from the George A. Ramlose Foundation, Inc. The monies are to be used for educational purposes. The grant comes at a time when the Foundation is making plans to enter into a joint venture with SGA to develop a workshop on teaching archaeology in grades 6–12 in conformity with Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS). The workshop is proposed for the fall 2013 meeting of the Georgia Council for the Social Studies in Athens.